Ports of Call Travel & Cruise Blog
Welcome to Ports of Call, a travel and cruise blog run by travel magazine writer David Fiske. Read through hundreds of detailed articles covering all aspects of travel with a keen focus on the cruise ship industry, family cruises, and luxury travel.
In Cruise Blog you will find the latest cruise and travel news, including details of new itineraries, service enhancements and the latest technological innovations.
Browse the Travel Reviews section for thorough cruise and travel reviews, spanning cruise ships, airlines, and accommodation providers. There are also some foodie reviews of mouth-watering gourmet food.
Travel Tips are handy guides to help you better prepare for travel. Largely based around family travel these articles serve up check-lists or help to answer common travel questions.
Lastly informative articles in the Destination Guides section cover a variety of worldwide resorts, with tips and suggestions on what you should plan to see and do on your next holiday.
- Cruise CompetitionsWin an Eric Lanlard patisserie experience FOR TWO worth £100
One central theme that runs through the Britannia cruise ship is delicious food and drink. P&O Cruises’ Food Heroes – James...Friday 6th May 2016
- Cruise ReviewsWhat REALLY happened on the Harmony of the Seas ‘preview’ cruise to Rotterdam
Everything appeared to be perfect – until that moment when then first set of paying passengers, myself included, boarded the world’s...Monday 30th May 2016
- Cruise Tips and Top Guides5 reasons why you should choose a tailor-made cruise (guest post)
When it comes to hitting many different locations over the course of one holiday, luxury cruises are second to none. The...Monday 30th May 2016
- Cruise ReviewsHarmony of the Seas cabin 8729: AquaTheater views at Boardwalk prices
The best cabins for awesome views over the AquaTheater on the world’s biggest cruise ship are the plush AquaTheater Suites, right?...Friday 27th May 2016
- Cruise BlogHurtigruten amps up its Norwegian adventures
“Hurtigruten has ambitions to be seen more as an adventure travel business than a mainstream cruise line.” That was a quote...Friday 13th May 2016
- Cruise BlogIs this the ultimate CHOCOHOLICS cruise holiday?
I am a self-confessed chocoholic and love chocolate almost as much as I love cruise ships. I can’t resist a chocolate...Wednesday 11th May 2016
- Cruise ReviewsCulinary WIZARDRY at The Epicurean
Gourmet dishes meet with whimsy and theatrical entertainment in the creative culinary concept restaurant, The Epicurean, aboard P&O Cruises’ Britannia. From...Friday 6th May 2016
- Cruise ReviewsA TASTE of P&O Cruises’ Britannia on a mini cruise to Guernsey
“2015 model, 90,000 nautical miles, one careful owner” would read the ad for P&O Cruises’ Britannia. I missed out on attending...Thursday 5th May 2016
- Cruise BlogCunard devises SUMPTUOUS new menus with world class dishes
Prepare to salivate as luxury British cruise line Cunard is about to reveal sumptuous new menus. The cruise line has released...Thursday 5th May 2016
- Cruise Blog5 cruise LESSONS I learned sailing with Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
I boarded Balmoral as a passenger and left one week later indoctrinated as a member of a close-knit family. Perhaps it...Thursday 21st April 2016
- Cruise ReviewsCulinary DELIGHTS on Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Balmoral
One thing I hadn’t prepared myself for was how good the food would be on Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Balmoral. Each...Friday 15th April 2016
- Cruise BlogDisney Cruise Line shows its commitment to Europe again in 2017
Disney Cruise Line has lifted the lid on its 2017/18 itineraries revealing that Disney Magic will be spending her summer holidays...Thursday 14th April 2016